koffice/krita

Cyrille Berger cyb at lepi.org
Mon Aug 30 12:08:42 CEST 2004

> Currently one of the advantages of working with larger chunks of image is
> that operations like the COMPOSITE_COPY and COMPOSITE_OVER where opacity ==
> OPACITY_OPAQUE can just memcpy the whole chunk, leading to better
> performance.
I was thinking about that, with the IterratorsRect (btw, is someone working on
them ?) we can have a function that do a memcpy, this will hide the quantum
to compositeop, which would have this prototype :
compositeOp(KisIterratorsRect dst, KisIterratorsRect srcBegin,
KisIterratorsRect srcEnd, QUANTUM opacity)

And for instance composite copyt would look like this :
compositeCopy(KisIterratorsRect dst, KisIterratorsRect srcBegin,
KisIterratorsRect srcEnd, QUANTUM opacity)
{
	if(opacity == OPACITY_OPAQUE)
	{
		dst.memcpy( srcBegin, srcEnd);
	}
	else {
	}
}

This will hide the QUANTUM* and TileMgr to the strategy, which is something we
were wanting to achieve.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---