koffice/krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Aug 30 08:37:09 CEST 2004

On Monday 30 August 2004 00:10, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > is all the API I want the color strategies to expose to the rest of
> > Krita.
>
> I agree, but it would be nice if we could extend the composite operations
> in plugins.

That shouldn't be impossible. A colour strategy can have its own mechanism
(using KTrader) for that. It's not as if it's really useful to share the more
advanced composition operations between colour strategies. So, the most used
composite ops (the Porter-Duff ones, plus Normal, or perhaps the set of Gimp
composite ops as ported to Gwenview) can be hard coded, and a colour strategy
can additionally ask for extra composite plugins using KTrader. But I don't
think it would be a good idea to put that stuff in the Krita core.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi