koffice/krita/tools

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Aug 25 13:17:11 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 13:07, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 August 2004 12:58, you wrote:
> > CVS commit by coppens:
> >
> > Fill selections. Quite slow, though, since we have to check the whole
> > layer instead of the relatively small selected area.

Oh, and perhaps it's not necessary to elaborately floodfill a selection:
the gradient way of doing things should work too.

If there's a selection, first create a temporary layer as big as the selected
area, and either simply composit the pattern in a loop into the area, or use
KisPainters rectangular fill. Then apply the selection mask -- this is still
slow because of pixel/setPixel, but that's something we should improve -- and
bitBlt the temporary layer with the specified opacity onto the target layer.

If there isn't a selection, follow the old code path to flood fill.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi