bicubic interpolating zoom

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Tue Aug 17 12:01:12 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 17 August 2004 12:27 am, Michael Thaler wrote:
> The web site I sent to the list last week mentioned some books that have
> chapters about scaling. Our library has at least two of them. I will try to
> borrow them or at least copy the relevant parts.

If you have access to it, Graphics Gems III has a useful article on 'General
Filtered Image Rescaling'. It has source code too, which is in the public
domain and available from:

http://www.acm.org/pubs/tog/GraphicsGems/

The article covers how to scale filters for scaling up and scaling down,
and the source code includes a number of different filters. I haven't managed
to test the code yet as I can't seem to generate a file it will read...

Adrian