Tools

Patrick Julien freak at codepimps.org
Fri Nov 7 01:15:57 CET 2003

> > BTW, I'm almost done with the code, however, I've broken all the tools
> > again :)  They need to be ported.
>
> Good thing then that there is only one really promising painting tool -- I
> think I can remove kis_tool_test and kis_tool_qpen by now, as well as the
> qpen kispainter code; they've served their purpose. I hope to make
> kis_tool_brush into something really useful this weekend. Fix the slight
> embarrasment with the alpha, keep pre-computed brushmasks somewhere handy,
> and then create a dialog and an icon.
>
> If you can manage to keep at least that tool working, then I can forge on
> :-).

Actually, I'm still not sure the time has come for tools.  I want to make them
parts or whatever is needed to make them dynamically loadable.

You had many gripes about the ui of Krita, if you feel like making
improvements there, it might be a better investement for the next week or so.

So, basically, after tonight, I still have the CliboardMgr thing, tool memento
and dynamically load them.

I will then fix paste and move tools, only color picker works right now.  In
any case, not sure how much time this will take since I'm really busy and
just got my Longhorn preview from my msdn subscription to play with also.
Ahh, if only they we're 48 hours in a day :)