offer to help

Carsten Pfeiffer carpdjih@sp.zrz.tu-berlin.de
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:59:54 +0200

Am Mittwoch,  4. April 2001 01:56 schrieb Mark W.Webb:

Hi Mark,

> Hello, I am interested in doing some work for the kimageshop project.  I
> have been playing around with kde/Qt development for a month or two.  I
> have been writing java professionally for about 3 years, and did about 2
> years of C++ before that, and am looking to get back into doing some C/C++.
>  I would probably be better off doing some small coding stuff at first.

Welcome aboad :)

I guess there are many areas in krayon (formerly kimageshop) which could need
a helping hand (well, there's lots to do to compete with Gimp :)

> Is CVS the only way to get the code right now?  Is there a RPM?  What is
> the environment used to develop kimageshop?  I have been using Kdevelop
> 1.4.

You can get daily snapshots as tarballs from ftp.kde.org, but it's a lot
easier to let CVS care about patches and changes from multiple people. Just
set CVSROOT correctly and cvs -z6 co koffice; make -f Makefile.cvs;
../configure; make and you are ready.

You're free to use any development environment [or editor] you like. If you
ask for a kdevelop project file, I'm afraid there might be none. Many people
still simply work with a texteditor like vi or emacs :)

If you want your patches to be committed to the repository, you could either
send them to this mailinglist in the beginning or ask for a CVS account.

Happy hacking,
Carsten Pfeiffer