[kgraphviewer-devel] Re: KGraphViewer 1.2 and Git

Gaël (aka Kleag) kleag at free.fr
Thu Nov 4 22:00:57 CET 2010

Le jeudi 4 novembre 2010 12:38:26, Milian Wolff a écrit :
> On Wednesday 03 November 2010 22:10:40 Gaël (aka Kleag) wrote:
> > the library. But I'd like also before to change this class to use a
> > d-pointer, avoiding to install unwanted includes and being a cleaner
> > library.
>
> Imo this should then be 2.2.0 and increase the SOVERSION, as apps will have
> to be rebuilt against it. Go for it though!
Rereading
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C++, it
seems to me that this change should not break binary compatibility, as the
only difference in the public API is that some inline functions are not anymore
(I added a const to a getter but I can change it back to non-const for the
sake of BIC).

> All kde developers have write access to git.kde.org projects once the hook-
> enable script was executed afaik. I think this is just for people browsing
> the projects to see who is considered to be core-developers of each
> project.
Thanks for the info...

> > I will have to find how to create "branches" and "tags" (or equivalents)
> > under git to prepare the future release. I'll also have to find another
> > script to extract the code and all i18n to create new packages.
>
> For branches:
>
> git checkout $somenewbranch
> git push $somenewbranch origin
>
> For tags:
>
> git tag -m "some cool message" v1.2.3
> git push --tags
>
> For packages:
> contact Harald Sitter (apachelogger) and reuse his excellent release
> script:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~apachelogger/+junk/release-script-refactor
>
> I use it for KDevelop releases and it works quite fine.
... and for the tips !
:-)

Gaël

--
KsirK - a world domination strategy game
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Tactic_and_Strategy/KsirK

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer and editor based on a reusable
part
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer