[kgraphviewer-devel] Preparing a release

Gaël (aka Kleag) kleag at free.fr
Thu Apr 29 10:48:50 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Saturday 24 April 2010 13:44:24 Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Saturday 24 April 2010 10:50:39 Gaël (aka Kleag) wrote:
> >
> > But, in the class definition, they are called "slotXyz", and it would be
> > strange in an interface to have such names. "xyz" would be more natural.
> > What do you think usefull
>
> full ack. The slot... stuff should be removed. I'll see whether I can get
> around to do it.
Well, I was thinking that for a QObject, the slot prefix was very useful for
the developer as an help to learn the API, but I see in Qt and KDE sources
that it is not systematically used: some classes use it and others don't.
Anyway, I would prefer to keep the current way of doing in the kgraphviewer
part.

Another point: for a release, don't you think that we should apply the KDE
library code policy (http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Library_Code_Policy),
such as d_ptr, etc. ? This would delay the release quite a bit.

See you.

Gaël

P.S.: Milian, felicitations for your GSoc slot !

--
KsirK - a world domination strategy game
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Tactic_and_Strategy/KsirK

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer and editor based on a reusable
part
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer