[Kget] KGet Runner

Lukas Appelhans l.appelhans at gmx.de
Mon Sep 21 20:07:42 CEST 2009

Am Montag 21 September 2009 17:46:15 schrieb Tomas Van Verrewegen:
> > lol, well then we could also try to use
> > !KUrl("bla").protocol().isEmpty(), that'd be more sensible I think... :)
>
> I will check this out.
>
> > He nono, Import Links is for example to get all links from a specific
> > html- page, then we show all links in that dialog...
>
> That was exactly the functionality I was looking for:
> paste some junk with URLs mixed in into KRunner and download the URLs :)
>
> > Switching to NewDownloadDialog makes sense anyway as it can handle
> > multiple urls as well... (the user gets some listwidget with checkboxes
> > then...)
>
> I'll change the code.
> But it's a shame we loose the filtering capabilities... I know this
>  probably is overkill for most users.
Yeah I think so as well...

> Any ideas on how to handle different protocols?
> Now I use 2 regexps for allowed/disallowed protocols, but I think this is
>  too geeky for general use. Maybe a simple list of allowed protocols... Or
>  even better: a way of asking KGet what protocols it supports ;)
Yeah that could be done... aka implementing some QStringList protocols(); into
MainWindow + QStringList protocols(); in each TransferFactory...

Lukas

Offtopic: That said we should check whether a transfer-plugin supports a
specific protocol before asking it to create a transfer when the protocols()
per factory is implemented... That'd remove the check for the protocol in each
createTransfer() method...