[Kget] KGet Runner

Tomas Van Verrewegen tomasvanverrewegen at telenet.be
Thu Oct 1 23:26:55 CEST 2009

Lukas,

First: I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

The .service file is only there to start KGet, it isn't used for the actual
communication. So that doesn't explain your problem.

In "callFinished(QDBusPendingCallWatcher* call)" I am ignoring any timeout
errors because otherwise you would also get a timeout if you keep the "New
Download" dialog open for too long, and when we reach this code, we're sure
KGet is up and running anyway.

Nevertheless... between the call to "run()" and "showNewTransferDialog()", it
is possible some other process might screw up our call. I've seen this happen
here when nepomuk hogs the CPU...

You could try losing the ckeck for

    reply.error().type() != QDBusError::NoReply

in "callFinished()" and see what happens... At least you'll get an error
message if that's what is happening.

This has been bugging me for a while, but for now I don't have a better
solution. The only thing I can think of to prevent this, is changing the
"showNewTransferDialog()" workflow in "newtransferdialog.cpp" so the dialog
gets exec'ed asynchronously.

Yours, Tomas