[Kget] KDE/kdenetwork/kget/core

Lukas Appelhans l.appelhans at gmx.de
Sat Jul 25 19:20:33 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 25 Juli 2009 19:02:18 schrieb Carsten Pfeiffer:
> Am Samstag, 25. Juli 2009 schrieb Lukas Appelhans:
> > Yes, and with th actual "fix" they aren't even moved to the history, as
> > that is only triggered when a file gets deleted from the list...
>
> I see. Is that so that there's no need to update the status of a transfer
> in the history or is there another reason for that?
>
> I'd find it logical that a history entry would be created as soon as a
> download is started (and then updated whenever the status changes). That's
> btw. also how the konqueror history works.
Yes maybe we should create the History entry when starting a download... I
don't really care about that... :)

> > The stuff with saving the state seems fine to me :) + an option to
> > automagically delete all finished transfers...
>
> Great. I can come up with a patch, but we need decide what to do for 4.3. A
> new option would be against the string freeze. An option in the config file
> might be a start... We need to decide about the default value, and we need
> to make sure the entry gets added to the history.
Yeah config-file entry might be good, default value should be the current
(4.2) behaviour of kget, aka keeping the downloads in the list...

> I won't have much time for this before Wednesday (29.7.).
I will be leaving at that date until sunday (2.8.), not sure if I can work on
those things before... but maybe...

Regards,

Lukas