[Kget] KDE/kdenetwork/kget/core

Lukas Appelhans l.appelhans at gmx.de
Thu Jul 23 18:38:29 CEST 2009

Am Donnerstag 23 Juli 2009 18:08:43 schrieb Carsten Pfeiffer:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2009 schrieb Lukas Appelhans:
>
> Let's move this to kget at kde.org, please.
>
> > Yeah "at least it works"... we should do proper fixes... but well wait
> > until I checked that stuff...
>
> The proper fix would involve creating a proper protocol for the konqueror
> integration, instead of letting konqueror drop all the arguments without
> any description what they mean into kget's command line. I doubt you want
> to do that for 4.3.
>
> > re-downloading finished downloads should be FIXED not just being hidden
> > with not deleting them from the transfers-list after a restart...
>
> Why would you save finished transfers in the transfers list at all? Isn't
> that what the transfer *history* is for?
>
> The commit makes sure that only unfinished/stopped/etc. downloads are saved
> in the transferlist.kgt file. It's OK that these are restarted/resumed on
> next start, I guess.
Not EVERY transfer is resumed... only from servers which give no info about
the file-size... (afair...)

And yeah we want finished transfers in the list as well, when you delete
transfers from the list they go to the history...

And yeah I need to checkout the konqueror integration stuff first, and yeah we
need a proper fix for 4.4 then... :)

Lukas