[Kget] idea about content fetching plugin

Ningyu Shi shiningyu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 04:54:27 CET 2008

Hi everybody,

I've read some tutorial of Kross and find it really powerful. Here is
my rough idea of the content fetching plugin.

I'll create a dummy transfer plugin which takes the URL and the kind
of user script to use. Then the url and transfergroup info and the
script to use will be exposed to user through kcross. The script will
run through kross on a seperate thread which will not block the main
program (The fetching script may take a long time to analyze stuff and
have multiple URLs to output).  we can ask the user use the dbus
interface to add download to specific group. To be able to control
parameters like how many threads to be used for a single download
session, we need add more options to the dbus interface. But if we do
this way, the way to add downloads with various options will be
determined by the script not the users which will be a problem. A
possible solution is to let the dbus interface only collect the urls
but not really add them right now, then ask the user to determine the
way the downloads should be treated.

I'm not sure the above idea will work for the current transfer-plugin
API, since I've no idea about it now... Any comments/suggestions are
welcome.

Regards
--
Ningyu