[Kget] KGet_Metalinker

Manolo Valdes nolis71cu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 15:15:21 CEST 2008

On Monday 14 April 2008 9:47:47 pm Lukas Appelhans wrote:
> Am Montag 14 April 2008 09:45:16 schrieb mohammed mt:
> > Hi all...
>
> Hey :)
>
> > KGet 2 supports metalink...
> > I want know something about that,
> > Is it complete ? Or it needs improvement?If needs improvement then in
> > which area ?
>
> We have a basic Plugin running, but we need a few things:
> 1. Not to add a whole group and downloads per file
> 2. Use MultiSourceDownloading, goes hand-in-hand with 1 and
> DataSourceFactory- class...
> That are the main points, but I think there are still some specs missing or
> not used, like MD5-Checksums per Chunks (we need to implement sth like that
> in DataSourceFactory)... probably anthony knows more?but

Hi

For now the metalink plugin just parse the metalink file and create the
downloads using the others plugins capabilities

for example:
if the urlList from the metalink files are for http/ftp protocols. metalink
plugin calls the multisegment plugin to handle the list

it already has the power to check MD5-Checksums, but to do that we still need
to implement inter-plugin comunication throw the DataSource interface

the idea is to use the already implemented features of others plugins like
multisegment plugin and bittorrent in metalink.

hope this helps

regards
Manolito

> Regards