[Kget] speed limiting on kio based transfers (new implementation on the slavebase)

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Mon Oct 15 22:15:10 CEST 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007 01.55:09 Manolo Valdes wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> This is a new approach for the speed limit feature.
> its made on the slavebase. and needs to be activated through a
> metadata("speed-limit").
>
> please test it and feed me back :) . Coments and tips are very wellcome.
>
> saddly. i havent test it my seft :( due my kdelibs are broken now (blame
> soprano that is not compiling any more. at least on FreeBSD)

Hi Manolo

Thanks for this news! Nice to hear.

I hope you get your kdelibs running again soon. Probably you could try to
disable the soprano parts?!

About the work: Since it depends on kdelibs changes, I think we cannot push it
in before KDE 4.1. What do you think?

IMHO this solution looks beter, since other apps can probably also take use of
it. Does it exactly the same as the old implementation?

Bye
urs