[Kget] A few questions

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at fwo.ch
Wed Oct 3 22:58:29 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007 06.23:39 Eligio Becerra Zavala wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> I'm trying to become a KDE developer, and so far I've been able to build
> KDE4 from SVN (following techbase howto), but I still have a few questions
> about running and developing KDE4
> 	Which is the best way to develop on KDE4? Solitary session, Nested
> session? How good/practical is "Increse your productivity in KDE4 with
> scripts"? Since I don't fully understand what I'm doing I prefer to use a
> "safer way" but this thing is bugging me
> 	If you use "Increse your productivity in KDE4 with scripts" you use a
> nested session or what?
> 	How do I fetch KGET and all requiered modules/dependencies?
>
> Well, I hope you can help and thanks in advance

Hi

I have seen that you have already got some help from kde-devel.

About the KGet part: Just setup a normal kde 4 environment. Then check out the
kdenetwork module. Probably you want only KGet; then do the following step:
svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork
cd kdenetwork
svn up kget

Then do the normal steps to build a KDE module.

Hope this helps.

If you have any questions, please just ask here (or join the KGet IRC channel,
there are often some KGet people around) ;)

Bye
urs