[Kget] KGet2 bittorrent plugin developement

Dario Massarin nekkar at libero.it
Wed Feb 15 19:57:57 CET 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 17:21, Joris Guisson wrote:
> OK, I'm first gonna continue working on my DHT implementation. I will
> try to hack something together in the weekend. But it seems easy, just
> derive a couple of classes and calll KT code from there ...

It's very very easy. Just reimplement the start() and stop() function and
you'll have a first version of the plugin that correctly works and integrates
within kget2.

> Allthough, I have just noticed that you are using Qt and KDE 4, this
> could cause some problems, we haven't done anything yet with KDE 4
> stuff.
> I guess I will have to checkout and compile KDE and Qt 4, does this
> cause any problems with an existing KDE 3 installation ? I will have
> to install in a different prefix, obviously, but running KDE 4 stuff
> side by side with KDE 3, are there any pitfalls I should know off ?

As far as I know from my personal experience the only problems that could
arise come from the ksycoca cache not being completely compatible between
kde3 and kde4 installations. The last mail from Felix explained how to
workaround this problem.

A couple of things you should remember are:
1) checkout and use the last kdelibs4_snapshot and not the bleeding edge
kdelibs;
2) in order to compile kdelibs and kde 4 applications you should use
unsermake, taken from the svn repository.

Have fun :-)

Best regards,
	Dario