[Kget] Question in the multithread download plugin

Dario Massarin nekkar at libero.it
Sat Nov 26 20:45:43 CET 2005

>  Hi
> thanks Dario for your answer.
> Now thereis an other question.
> the kiotransfer plugin and the multithreaded plugin work in the same protocols
> http and ftp so. in the TransferKioFactory::createTransfer() funtion I
> force it to return 0 in order to use the multi threaded one but it
> still use the kiotransfer.
> do you know why?

Are you sure? If you return 0 how can this pointer
to the transfer, which is set to 0, make the transfer work?
In my opinion you are forgetting to reinstall the transferKio plugin.
Remember that when dealing with these plugins you have to reinstall
them whenever you make any change to them.

Anyway, returning 0 from the createTransfer function of this transfer
is not the right solution to your problem. Yes, you can use it if you
want to test your plugin, but if you want your plugin to have
higher priority than the others, you should consider setting the
X-KDE-KGet-rank property in your .desktop file to have a lower
(lower or higher? don't remember, but I think lower) value than the
others plugins.
The plugins are evaluated depending on its rank and the first which returns
a non null pointer is the one which is then used by kget to handle that URL.

Best regards,
   Dario