debian package or howto compile easy

Tobias Leupold tl at l3u.de
Mon Jul 12 11:18:43 BST 2021

Hi :-)

The build process is quite simple, it's a "normal cmake build". Which you of
course don't know if you never did it before ;-)

You obviously need a compiler, cmake itself and the dependencies required by
KGeoTag. I'm on Gentoo and never used Debian, but I think there's some "build-
essential" package, along with some "...-dev" ones. CMake will tell you which
dependencies you are missing, simply check the output of cmake .. (see below).

You the KF5 packages CoreAddons, I18n, XmlGui, ConfigWidgets, and Crash (which
themselves of course neeed Qt), as well as KF5KExiv2 and Marble.

The build itself is easy. If you have everything you need and want to use the
default gcc along with makefiles, it strips down to (inside the source
directory):

    mkdir build
    cd build
    cmake ..
    make

(you may want to start cmake with more than one thread, according to the CPU
cores you have, e. g. make -j4 or such) and then possibly

    make install

as root or, if Debian uses that sudo stuff, "sudo make install".

If you don't install KGeoTag gloablly, you can as well run it out of the build
directory, but be sure it can find kgeotagui.rc. Otherwise, the menu will be
incomplete. In this case, put it in

    ~/.local/share/kxmlgui5/kgeotag/kgeotagui.rc

either copy it there or link it from the sources.

Feel free to write here again if you need additional help! And request a
Debian package for KGeoTag ;-)

Cheers, Tobias