D23168: Use embedded cover in MP4 video files

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jul 18 09:51:57 BST 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D23168#675985 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23168#675985>, @hschaefer wrote:

  > I added my ssh-key to gitlab, set the upstream urls:
  >
  > `origin  git at invent.kde.org:multimedia/ffmpegthumbs.git (fetch)`
  >  `origin  git at invent.kde.org:multimedia/ffmpegthumbs.git (push)`
  >
  > Than I follwed the instructions here: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/merge_requests/creating_merge_requests.html#new-merge-request-from-your-local-environment
  >
  > `git push origin diff-D23168`

  You need to fork the repository in gitlab, before opening the merge request.
  Refer to our own instructions https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/GitLab#Fork_the_project
  We also have a tool https://invent.kde.org/sdk/git-lab to simplify the merge request creation/process (it is similar to `arc` but way easier to install, to use and to contribute to).

  > Really, there have been easier ways to submit a patch. Initially, it was a feature request with code provided and now I struggle months to get it into KDE. :-/

  IMHO Gitlab is improving things, but since things are transitioning, this adds some friction we are seeing here.
  Contributing is not a simple thing : with reviewer time varying and limited and contributors experience varying, this adds some friction. The first patch is usually the hardest.
  As long as you don't have to complicate things, things are mostly smooth : here you need to rebase a patch that you opened from the web ui which phabricator does not help with.
  For instance git-lab offers in Web Ui a rebase button.

  Hold on a little more ;)