D23505: added sorting benchmark

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 19 19:23:37 GMT 2020

elvisangelaccio requested changes to this revision.
elvisangelaccio added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> meven wrote in CMakeLists.txt:42
> Make it optional to build benchmark, perhaps in its own folder.

Why? We already run another benchmark (kfileitemmodelbenchmark) unconditionally.

> dolphinsortingbenchmark.cpp:30
> +    {
> +        QFile f(QFINDTESTDATA("data/usr_bin.txt"));
> +        bool isOpen = f.open(QFile::ReadOnly | QFile::Text);

Use descriptive variable names (e.g. `file`).

> dolphinsortingbenchmark.cpp:31
> +        QFile f(QFINDTESTDATA("data/usr_bin.txt"));
> +        bool isOpen = f.open(QFile::ReadOnly | QFile::Text);
> +        QVERIFY(isOpen);

Missing `const`

> dolphinsortingbenchmark.cpp:34-35
> +        QStringList programs;
> +        while(!f.atEnd())
> +            programs << f.readLine();
> +        QTest::addRow("usr_bin") << programs;

Missing braces

> dolphinsortingbenchmark.cpp:56
> +    }
> +    qDebug() << std::is_sorted(v.begin(), v.end()); // this is intended as an optimization barrier
> +}

Not sure what you mean with optimizazion barrier. Can you explain why there is no QVERIFY here?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin