D26215: Port QRegExp to QRegularExpression

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 27 10:46:20 BST 2020

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  In D26215#657701 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26215#657701>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > What about `QRegularExpression::wildcardToRegularExpression()` ? Could we use that? Note that the filter string comes from user input (i.e. from the filter bar).

  I've just tested; it can be used, with the same caveat as the QRegExp docs have about WildcardUnix, a wildcard can't be escaped with a \:
  *.txt    would show all files with a .txt extension

  - would show all files

  \*       _won't_ show files with a literal "*" in their names

  Looks good enough to me, if you agree I'll update the diff.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin