D16648: Open externally called files/directories in new tabs

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 22 10:22:06 BST 2020

rjvbb added a comment.

  A thought: shouldn't the `KRun::run*` functions use `QCoreApplication::applicationFilePath()` instead of invoking "dolphin" and hope the path leads to the same application?

  I haven't read through the entire review to see if there has been discussion of this (beyond the allusions to having different versions in the test plan) nor what has been decided, but:

  - I'd expect "open in new window" to behave as if it opened a new window in the same application (and not, for instance, give me the KDE4 version if for some reason I'm testing Dolphin 5 on a system that still runs a Plasma 4 desktop)
  - typically there will not be a dolphin executable on the path when running on a Mac, nor on MS Windows. On the latter "open in new window" seems to work (as long as the application runs in its installation directory?), on the former the feature fails with the expected error that dolphin cannot be found.

  (I'm bringing this up here because it's the latest discussed, relevant change to `Dolphin::openNewWindow()`.)

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin