D23757: Clean up viewport and single-folder context menus and hamburger menu

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 9 20:21:45 BST 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  In D23757#528098 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23757#528098>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D23757#528095 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23757#528095>, @ndavis wrote:
  >
  > > Why is it that sometimes Create New is in its own section and sometimes it's grouped with Open With or New Tab/Window?
  > >
  > > As for Add to Places, perhaps it should just be in its own section above the services section? It doesn't really go with anything else and I was never bothered by it being in its own section.
  >

  > One of the reasons why I wanted to do this patch is because I think single-item sections are ugly and make the menu feel cramped and overwhelming, and the goal was to get rid of them as much as possible.

  Regardless of the location or what it's grouped with, it needs to be consistent in both ways. It almost doesn't even matter exactly where it is or what its grouped with as long as it doesn't change places for no discernible reason.

  How about grouping Open With, Create New and Add to Places? Open in New Tab and Open in New Window can be in their own section.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

BRANCH
  clean-up-context-menu (branched from master)