D20471: Add "What's This?" to nearly everything in the main window

Felix Ernst noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 27 13:19:19 BST 2019

felixernst added a comment.

  > ? Is this deprecation documented somewhere?

  https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kxmlgui/html/classKMainWindow.html#a669da563f6d8e85e6f590980593353b4

  I was trying for days to make the links within the "What's This?"-help within the menus of the menubar to react to WhatsThisClickedEvents. I couldn't find a way to modify the help menu in particular and therefore wasn't able to install EventFilters. I read somewhere that it was deprecated because all KDE applications should have the exact same help menu. Unfortunately this also stopped me from changing the "What's This?"-help there.
  A solution might be to add the help directly in the KHelpMenu ( https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kxmlgui/html/khelpmenu_8h_source.html ) but then there is no way to have an application-specific help for for example Help/AboutApplication.