D19989: Unmounting busy device doesn't tell who is blocking

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 23 10:30:21 GMT 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > As long as it'd be an optional dependency, it should be fine, as I don't see it forbidden here: https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Policies

  We can't.
  Even ignoring the super confusing dependency loop trying to build frameworks and plasma at best this will break when one of us gets to Qt6 first.

  But, there's good news:

  This has come up a few times. Kdevelop has a plasma dep because of this same goal, and I want to get rid of that.
  I've been meaning for ages to make a class in KF5::CoreAddon that is a super super minimal process list, listing running processes and getting a command line for them.

  Effectively we just need to copy the files: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/blob/master/launcher/ui/processlist.h (with the two backends) which are LGPL and currently copied about in a bunch of projects already.

  This is yet another motivation.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin