D22116: [KStandardItemListWidget] Request the pixmap size we want and let the icon loader scale it

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 27 11:28:12 BST 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Dolphin, elvisangelaccio.
Herald added a project: Dolphin.
Herald added a subscriber: kfm-devel.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I noticed that depending on the configured icon size it would spend a significant amount of time in `KPixmapModifier::scale`. I don't see a point in requesting a fixed icon size and then scale it down manually as opposed to having the `KIconLoader` do the scaling for us. Especially for SVGs it could then even serve us a properly rendered SVG for this size rather than a scaled down pixmap version.

TEST PLAN
  I dug in git history to see where this came from but this has been in there forever as far as I can tell.
  The only reason I can see is to explicitly prefer downsampling the icon pixmap over upsampling?

  Tried with Breeze and Oxygen themes, didn't notice any difference. Small icons still switch to symbolic in Breeze.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

AFFECTED FILES
  src/kitemviews/kstandarditemlistwidget.cpp