D19201: New tab placed after current tab when middle-clicking

David Hallas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 24 18:36:49 GMT 2019

hallas added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> elvisangelaccio wrote in dolphinmainwindow.h:50
> This is a bit weird, never seen forward declarations used for an enum. Why not just `#include "dolphintabwidget.h" `?

We could, I was just trying to minimize the amounts of includes in the header file, I guess that is also the reason for the other forward declarations? One of the arguments for using enum class is specifically that you can forward declare it, it is technically also possible with an unscoped enumeration but you can't do it in all situations.

> elvisangelaccio wrote in dolphintabwidget.h:33
> No it's fine here. But why make it an `enum class`? Is it because you wanted to forward declare it? If yes, see my comment above.

Forward declaration is one argument, but also that you get a scope so that the individual enumerators doesn't name clash with anything else. Does KDE have any general guidelines for using/not using this? Should I change it?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin