D19241: Show the FileMetaDataConfigurationDialog dialog only after its widget has emmitted metadataLoaded signal

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 23 14:54:28 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  FWIW I don't think you need to add a max height since you're using `SizeHint`, and Qt takes care of that automatically by not allowing it to be taller than the screen is.

INLINE COMMENTS

> filemetadataconfigurationdialog.cpp:85
> +    // must be shown after the metadata has been loaded in FileMetaDataConfigWidget::loadMetadata
> +    connect(m_configWidget, SIGNAL(metadataLoaded()), this, SLOT(slotShowDialog()));
>  }

Please use modern connect syntax for new connections

https://wiki.qt.io/New_Signal_Slot_Syntax

> informationpanelcontent.cpp:306
>          dialog->setAttribute(Qt::WA_DeleteOnClose);
> -        dialog->show();
> +        // the dialog displays itself on its own once the metadata are loaded
>          connect(dialog, &FileMetaDataConfigurationDialog::destroyed, this, &InformationPanelContent::refreshMetaData);

A slightly more direct approach might be to listen for the `metadataLoaded` signal here, and then hook it up to `show()` in a lambda function, if that works.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin