T11663: Move URL Navigator into toolbar

Johannes Ricke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 8 17:50:04 GMT 2019

joricke added a comment.

  In T11663#213094 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T11663#213094>, @manueljlin wrote:

  > "Keep a single URL Navigator in the toolbar, but change it dynamically to show the path for the active split view" is probably the best option

  The issue with that approach is that you can never be 100% sure you're in the right directory on your inactive split view. A minor issue, yes, but an issue nonetheless.

  > I kind of like that tab location but it probably shouldn't extend to the sidebar too.

  It does increase clarity of structure though. If the tab bar would only extend to the edge of the left most pane, the sidebar would consequently feel "disconnected" to what's going on on the right of it, even though it has direct influence.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T11663