D11382: Add an option to show tabs from last time when Dolphin starts

Alexander Saoutkin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 19 11:46:41 BST 2019

feverfew added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in dolphinmainwindow.cpp:196
> It doesn't find itself because `Dolphin::dolphinInstanceData()` filters out the currently running instance by excludinv entries that match its PID.

The reason why `preferredService` was a parameter was for when `ShowFolders`/`ShowItems` was called via DBus. It specifically bypasses excluding the running instance as in that case you wanted the running instance to accept those URLs, i.e. marking a sevice as preferred means it is exempt from the check that filters out the currently running instance. In this case you want to see if any other instances (apart from this one) exist, and hence you should be passing `QString()`. The only reason I can think of why the patch works in this current state is that `Q_CLASSINFO` macro only initialises the DBus object for the main window after the constructor finishes...

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin