D23075: Change default Dolphin toolbar layout

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 14 23:49:44 BST 2019

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  Wow, this is quite a radical change :)

  I'm not against changing the default layout, but we should be 100% sure to get it right. It would be very annoying if we have to change it again in six months because people didn't like it.

  My comments after a quick try:

  1. I don't think we should add the "Go Up" button because you can already achieve the same action by using the url navigator buttons.
  2. Why the Split button on the right? It looks out of place imho.
  3. I wouldn't remove the Stash button because it shows up only if you have kio-stash installed. And it's a nice feature to advertise imho (it was the output of a GSoC project some years ago).
  4. This is possibly a problem in my setup, but this patch made my information panel disappear :O