D23075: Change default Dolphin toolbar layout

Felix Ernst noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 10 21:55:50 BST 2019

felixernst added a comment.

  There wasn't much discussion about using the view mode button in the VDG:

  > <thavn> perhaps we should consider which buttons have labels and which are just the icon as well...
  >  <noahdvs> I find it odd that we use icons with no labels for the different views
  >  <noahdvs> Maybe we should switch them for the View Mode toolbutton?

  I think the biggest reason for it is that the label makes it clear that these buttons change the view mode. Clicking it also shows the names of the three different view modes so users can decide by the names and not just by the icons. It also teaches the user the shortcuts for them.
  I think it looks better with the view mode button.

  In D23075#509940 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23075#509940>, @ndavis wrote:

  > Make sure the default layout doesn't look lopsided when the application menu is enabled instead of the control button.

  It does look kinda lopsided but I am not sure if it is worth it to change the default look because of that.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin