D19770: Use placeholder for search action

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 21 20:42:54 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D19770#453371 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19770#453371>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > I still think that the rename from "Search" to "Find" should be done either upstream/globally or not at all.
  >
  > Anyway, it's unrelated from this commit, which is just about moving to placeholders everywhere (which I agree with).

  Search and Find have different meanings because they do different things: locating files or items that match the given text in a data set of indeterminate or unclear size is "Search"; locating instances of text within the open document or page is "Find". But they should both have the same common [ctrl] + [F] keyboard shortcut. So it cannot be done globally.

  Any idea how we move forward with this?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin