D19311: Add navigation history to forward/back buttons

David Fontanals noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 14 16:44:49 BST 2019

david.fontanals added a comment.

  @richardl
  As I see it, showing both forward and backward entries at the same time is a smart idea if your interface requires having a single button for this feature. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense because one would never click on the backward navigation button to pick a forward entry. Having to see the forward entries first to decide which backward entry to pick is not a common case either. Thus, in most cases you'd just have to deal with the drawback of limiting the amount of forward-only or backward-only entries that can be shown, which in addition is counter-productive if you want to roll back a lot of entries.

  Falkon uses separate lists with a limit of 20 entries. It also has a "Clear history" button I have never used which forgets the backward/forward history for the current tab.
  F6771620: Screenshot_20190414_170655.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6771620> F6771619: Screenshot_20190414_170706.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6771619>

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin