D20240: [RFC] Improve Home button function when renaming files

Michal Sciubidlo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 5 07:07:04 BST 2019

msciubidlo added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in kitemlistroleeditor.cpp:121
> This doesn't seem to implement what's been asked for in the bug report. The request was for the Home key to always go to the beginning of the filename, not the beginning of the line and then up one line if you hit it again. That's not a behavior I'm aware of being used anywhere else, so it would be unfamiliar and strange to users.

This part isn't part of the bug fix.

This behavior is used in inline rename when End is pressed. Each press of End+Shift will mark one more line.  Pressing Home+Shift won't. I guess that End+Shift isn't intentional but still it grew on me and now i use End, End+Shift when renaming.

If it shouldn't go in i will remove but if it would go in after creating bug report and going through process i would like to keep it.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin