D15929: Add a 'Properties' entry in the Places panel context menu

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 7 14:36:23 BST 2018

elvisangelaccio added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> thsurrel wrote in placesitemmodel.cpp:302
> On the corresponding line in a previous version, anthonyfieroni had commented: "Don't use parent when it is not needed, Qt::WA_DeleteOnClose is fair enough."
> Now I am a bit confused when parent is needed or not ...

Yes, it is needed. In general, any dialog window needs a parent to preserve the window stacking. To check it:

1. Open a properties dialog from the places panel
2. Start the 'Present Windows' kwin effect
3. Select the dolphin window

Without parent, the properties dialog will be behind the dolphin window (which is wrong).

If you repeat the steps using a properties dialog from the dolphin view instead, the dialog will be still visible.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin