D16299: RFC fallback to dnssd service discovery if smb listDir failed on root

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 21 10:22:51 GMT 2018

sitter updated this revision to Diff 45938.
sitter marked 4 inline comments as done.
sitter added a comment.

  - check kdnssd version; do not use dnssd discovery if it too old and suffers from signal racing (also see D16298 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16298>)
  - fix typo in function name
  - no longer use debug names for udsentry
  - convert resolution from fixme to todo, I am unsure if we should even care though. input welcome
  - add note about lack of workgroup resolution, it's also unclear if workgroup resolution in its current form has any future. specifically LLMNR (the future replacement of NBS) does not have a concept of SMB workgroups, so the way I see it workgroup discovery is a dead-end anyway. in the future the only way to inspect workgroups would be to actually talk to the SMB host (which may require auth) and as such is impossible to do consistently AFAICT

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16299?vs=43869&id=45938