D16299: RFC fallback to dnssd service discovery if smb listDir failed on root

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 6 21:53:19 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Is this logic correct? Just because we found any entries, we don't use DNSSD? Is there ever a case where we found some entries but might find even more by using DNSSD?

  Also, I want to compliment your code. It's so nice and clean and well commented.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kio_smb.h:282
>      bool workaroundEEXIST(const int errNum) const;
> +    void listDNNSD(UDSEntry &udsentry, const QUrl &url, const uint direntCount);

Shouldn't this be `listDNSSD`?

> kio_smb_browse.cpp:459
>
> +       listDNNSD(udsentry, url, direntCount);
> +

Shouldn't this be `listDNSSD`?

> kio_smb_browse.cpp:504
>
> +void SMBSlave::listDNNSD(UDSEntry &udsentry, const QUrl &url, const uint direntCount)
> +{

Shouldn't this be `listDNSSD`?

> kio_smb_browse.cpp:508
> +
> +    // This entire method act as fallback logic iff SMB discovery is not working
> +    // (for example when using a protocol version that doesn't have discovery).

iff -> if

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras