D15739: [Places panel] Don't show Root by default

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 8 06:19:14 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D15739#356008 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15739#356008>, @davidc wrote:

  > Are you referring to the mounted device under the Devices section?

  Yes.

  > I'm unaware of how to get to the root directory in a single click using Places, if the existing link is removed.

  Perhaps a visual aid will help. Here is how the Places panel looks today, as of KIO's git master:

  F6397673: Places visual aid.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6397673>

  This patch removed the red-circled item. The blue-circled item is still visible and still takes you to / when clicked on. Does that help? We are also thinking about improving the label given to the Root disk when it doesn't have a disk label. So instead of saying, "XXXX GiB Hard Drive", we could potentially make it  say "Root drive" or "Root" or "XXXX GiB Hard Drive (Root)" or anything else, really.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO