D12807: Akregator feed detector plugin: Port the context menu plugin

Jonathan Marten noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 11 08:44:09 BST 2018

marten added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in akregatorplugin.cpp:99
> This reads like it would trigger false positives easily.
> E.g. https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_whatis.asp would be treated as a feed URL because it contains xml?
>
> I wonder if this code meant to say endsWith...

Not sure what that test was intended to catch either, but as you say looking for "xml" anywhere in the path will accept many links that aren't feeds.  Rewrote this test to only look at the URL path (not the full URL, including scheme/host/query!), and only accept "rss" or "rdf" within that path.  This string test is only done if the MIME type test fails, anyway, so hopefully for a properly configured web site the MIME type test will accept the link.

REPOSITORY
  R226 Konqueror