D12094: Modify "Find" button to be a toggle, tracking state across tabs & split views

Scott Harvey noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 4 14:27:46 BST 2018

sharvey added a comment.

  It's been two weeks of letting this problem stew, and a (partial) solution has just occurred to me.

  Try the Split button. I don't believe it's a proper `toggle` button. The state doesn't change, only the icon.

  (I don't have the code at hand; in the process of rebuilding my system.)

  Perhaps we could change the magnifying glass icon to one with a red `X` over it to indicate "Find Off"? I think I could accomplish this by tracking a variable or two instead of replying on a toggle button and a second `action-id`.

  It's theoretical for at least the rest of the day (grumble grumble technical difficulties), but I'm open to commentary.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin