D10698: Adds a new RenameDialog to Dolphin with more options for batch renaming

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 31 19:36:08 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  This is fantastic work, @emateli. I've got only a new remaining UI comments:

  - Rename the "Name" column to "Current name"
  - Rename the "Rename" tab to be "Sequential numbering" or something like that
  - When I switch to another tab, the preview doesn't automatically update until I change something in one of the text fields
  - I still think Capture groups could be rolled up into Find & Replace. Here's how I think it could be done: by allowing you to define //multiple// find-and-replace substitution pairs in the Find & Replace tab, not just a single one. This essentially replicates the feature of regex capture groups, but in a user-friendly manner.

  I really like your idea for a more compact token UI, and agree that whatever we choose, we should use the same thing in all apps that make use of this convention. That suggests that it should be in a framework, and belongs in a separate patch.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin