D11768: Add Desktop and Downloads to the default list of Places

Fabian Kosmale noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 29 15:28:44 BST 2018

fabiank added a comment.

  In D11768#236349 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11768#236349>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In Neon and Kubuntu, ~/Desktop exists for a new user by default. Is this not the case in other distros?

  I'm not sure what is currently done, but I'm pretty sure in Chakra we used to create localized versions (and I think even Ubuntu did that), so instead of ~/Desktop,  a German user would have ~/Schreibtisch. There's actually an xdg standard for this, https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs. Afaik, Qt supports this with QStandardPaths, e.g. QStandardPaths::DesktopLocation.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO