D11768: Add Desktop and Downloads to the default list of Places

Julian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 29 15:20:30 BST 2018

progwolff added a comment.

  In D11768#236348 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11768#236348>, @broulik wrote:

  > > Still, that folder exists by default
  >
  > Are you sure? It might be created by some weird startup script or something else. Also, a user can choose to change the location of the Desktop folder. Just wanting to make sure this change (which I'm totally in favor of, don't get me wrong) doesn't break or have unwanted side-effects.

  It might exist by default on some distributions, but we cannot assume that it is created on all systems. Arch Linux, just to give one example, will not create any folders for you. I imagine that it can be quite annoying to see a warning on the first start of dolphin, just because a folder is missing that the user didn't event want to have.

  I like the change in general, but please add a check if the folder exists before creating the bookmark.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO