D11483: [WIP] Make some properties searchable

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 19 20:16:23 GMT 2018

michaelh added a comment.

  In D11483#229497 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11483#229497>, @astippich wrote:

  > I really like the idea, but what if at some point in the future the tags will be made editable/writable? I think this could then interfere from an ui point of view. Can this somehow be implemented to allow both?

  In principle that should not be a problem. Just add the 'Change' link like for Tags (happens when a property is not marked as read-only). Question is how to edit...? Another: How can `baloo-widgets` know if a property is writeable. Ideally `kfilemetadata` would announce that in `PropertyInfo` but that's not possible I'm afraid.

  > A little bit off topic: Are string lists now handled correctly in baloo or not? Searching should then not work properly?

  Correct. Searching doesn't work when a string list is provided. (Same thing happens as you've experienced with calling `toString()` on `QVariant::StringList`) It's on my list.

  > Also, in KFileMetaData there is the "shouldbeIndexed" variable for each property, giving a hint if a tag should be indexed or just stored. It is always disabled for numeric values. But apparently searching for the release year works? I'm confused.

  Don't be. `baloo-widgets` is handling releaseYear (and only that) as a string. Otherwise it would be displayed as "2.018".

REPOSITORY
  R824 Baloo Widgets