D11012: Add Trash (empty, isEmpty, emptinessChanged)

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 11 10:32:40 GMT 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In D11012#222988 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11012#222988>, @rominf wrote:

  > Is there the way to rebase the patch on the patch that is not accepted yet? I mean on the left side of the patch D11216 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11216> I see the code from the patch D11012 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11012> (but not from `origin/master`), on the right side I see lines from the patch D11216 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11216>.

  In D10804#218013 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10804#218013> I linked to our documentation which has detailed examples and exact commands on how to create dependent revisions. There is also a section on how to split patches. I assume the problem is that your local setup is different from what the wiki tells you to do, i.e. you probably missed to properly set the tracking branches.

  Arcanist by default diffs against the tracking branch, which for you apparently is `master`, that's why your child Diffs contain changes of parent Diffs . Either fix the tracking branch config, or tell `arc diff` to only include specific commits (see here <https://secure.phabricator.com/book/phabricator/article/arcanist_commit_ranges/>).

  If that's too complicated, you might as well start from scratch, following //exactly// the docs (which I can assure you will work just fine, as can be seen here <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10468>). You can reuse the commit messages and include the `Differential Revision:` line to tell `arc` to update the Diff instead of creating a new one.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin