D10990: Add "Open symlink destination folder" into symlink's context menu

Roman Inflianskas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 9 09:43:35 GMT 2018

rominf added a comment.

  In D10990#221691 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10990#221691>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Yes, I agree with @rkflx that it would be nice if we can find a way to //temporarily// show hidden files to reveal the original.

  I think that it would be even better if we show only required the hidden file, but not all. It might be a lot of work though.

  > As for the symlink-following behavior, here are the results of my tests:
  >
  > - Broken link: !!unclear:!! opens the directory that formerly contained the missing item; maybe it should warn instead (see below) and not open anything?
  > - Link to file that's inaccessible (e.g on unavailable network share or external disk): !!needs work:!! nothing happens. Maybe let's show a `KMessageWidget` saying "Could not access <missing path>" when this happens.

  Fixed, please check.

  > Are you going to do a follow-up patch to add the missing items to the menus, @rominf?

  To be honest, I'm not interested because I don't use the menu as most of the Dolphin users I guess. I don't use a menu because it's hidden by default, I like control button more and file menu is bad structured and scanty.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin