D11048: Convert hard coded shortcuts to standard keys

Chris Rizzitello noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 5 12:47:55 GMT 2018

rizzitello requested changes to this revision.
rizzitello added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dolphinmainwindow.cpp:1059
>      newTab->setText(i18nc("@action:inmenu File", "New Tab"));
> -    actionCollection()->setDefaultShortcuts(newTab, {Qt::CTRL + Qt::Key_T, Qt::CTRL + Qt::SHIFT + Qt::Key_N});
> +    actionCollection()->setDefaultShortcuts(newTab, {Qt::CTRL + Qt::Key_T, QKeySequence::AddTab});
>      connect(newTab, &QAction::triggered, this, static_cast<void(DolphinMainWindow::*)()>(&DolphinMainWindow::openNewActivatedTab));

QKeySequence::AddTab == Ctrl + T .
Do we want to always force Crtl+T for new tab or only the set KeySequence?

> dolphinmainwindow.cpp:1096
>      invertSelection->setIcon(QIcon::fromTheme(QStringLiteral("edit-select-invert")));
>      actionCollection()->setDefaultShortcut(invertSelection, Qt::CTRL + Qt::SHIFT + Qt::Key_A);
>      connect(invertSelection, &QAction::triggered, this, &DolphinMainWindow::invertSelection);

This is the default for QKeySequence::Deselect. If this is used in other Kapplications this could create an inconsistency in a common action. Maybe we can come up with a different shortcut for this? Crtl+I is common or Ctrl + Shift + I  . Personally I am not fond of using another letter maybe ctrl+alt+ A ?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin