D10960: Ask for confirmation when Closing Dolphin windows with a terminal panel running a program

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 3 14:21:09 GMT 2018

ngraham added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> rominf wrote in dolphinmainwindow.cpp:432
> > Otherwise it seems odd that it's there, and when you click on it, nothing different appears to happen compared to just hitting the cancel button.
>
> Terminal panel gets focus. I think it's reasonable to keep the button. Your opinion?

Regardless, some kind of change is needed, because the button says "Show Terminal Panel", not "Focus Terminal Panel". A button should always do what it says it'll do, or else users learn not to truth the software. If we want to do make it simply focus the Terminal panel when the Terminal panel is open, then the text should change accordingly.

> rominf wrote in dolphinmainwindow.cpp:390
> @ngraham
> How about this? Closing a window with all opened tabs is destructive in my opinion. My vote is for `Cancel`.

Yes, I think it's appropriate to have the cancel button be the default button for this dialog.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin